Thread hijack (was: Re: Dovecot versus Postfix)

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:27:44 UTC 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 5:15 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 11/07/2007 02:01 PM, Jan Sneep wrote:
> >> Regardless of that, if you are going to post to the list,
> >> please fire up
> >> Thunderbird or something else until you fix the thread
> >> hijacking problem
> >> with Outlook.
> >
> > Ah, but if I did that the list server might never get fixed ... :O)
> >

> I see nothing wrong with the list server.

Strangely enough, I use gmail, and not only do my postings appear in
the threads, but I have NEVER had trouble creating new threads.

As suggested earlier in this thread, I do suspect it's a problem with
the Outlook configuration -- it's been years since I've used Windows
but I spend a lot of time and mental energy trying to help people
suffering from it. (Windows as well as Outlook) The cure is easy --
Thunderbird works OK in Windows (not perfect but to me it seems more
solid than Outlook) and of course in linux, Evolution looks a lot like
Outlook and presumably works OK on this list.