How do I disable a network interface in Gutsy

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sun Nov 11 00:13:42 UTC 2007

David Vincent wrote:

> you should have asked earlier if you wanted to disable nm!  :)  look here:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/NetworkManager#head-1de145d05f957ff659f5fdb58974ec3e5864def5

Aye, I actually found that one myself.  Forgive me if I'm...
underwhelmed, by the thoughtfulness of the system as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, I think NM is great and a much needed tool.  I also
think it needs simple start stop mechanism...

I think I see where ubuntu is going, insofar as they are ditching the
old init.d scripts in favor of the shiny new event based system, which
is all good, but an easy to configure standard method of controlling
'services' needs to be standardized and adhered too.