Are beryl packages gone in Feisty?

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Fri Nov 9 18:32:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 00:49 -0700, Art Edwards wrote:
> >From reading the web, it seems clear that true direct rendering on
> ATI with compiz will not work. However, it did appear that the older
> beryl packages would work. I removed them to give room to compiz. Are
> they available somewhere for feisty?

The ATI problem has nothing to do with compiz or beryl, but is about
AIGLX vs. Xgl. AIGLX (as used by Ubuntu desktop effect GUI) does not
work with current fglrx drivers, but Xgl does. However, you have to
install that yourself. Follow this guide:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompositeManager/Xgl
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompositeManager/BerylOnXgl