Dovecot versus Postfix

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Nov 8 00:02:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Jan Sneep wrote:

>> If you dont know what they are, I suggest you don't need either :)
>>

>> --
>> Cheers
>> Res
>
> Oh, I know I need to replace my old Microsoft Mail program and so yes, I
> know I need one. The question is which one is the best for use with Ubuntu.

Like I said, if you don't know what they are you don't need them, (hint:
they are both two totally different things, you might as well be saying
apache or mysql, or maybe evolution or mplayer) as one works without the
other, one is a sending email the other is a pop3 server. If you did not
know that (not being a smart ass by the way) then, again, you don't need
either, as you probably  use a email client to talk direct to your ISP, or
browser to use GMail etc..

--
Cheers
Res