bluetooth headset, no sound

Rares Vernica rvernica at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 19:04:23 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a Motorola H300 Bluetooth headset and the Bluetooth USB dongle. I
managed to get them paired and to configure Skype and XMMS to use them.
The problem is that I cannot head any sound in the headset, just a
"sssssssssssssss." I also tried aplay, but the result is the same.

Here are some details:

Ubuntu 7.04

 > btsco -v 00:11:22:33:44:55
btsco v0.42
Device is 1:0
Voice setting: 0x0060
RFCOMM channel 2 connected
Using interface hci0

(When I tried I used the real MAC address.)

 > hcitool info 00:11:22:33:44:55
Requesting information ...
         BD Address:  00:11:22:33:44:55
         Device Name: Motorola H300
         LMP Version: 2.0 (0x3) LMP Subversion: 0x977
         Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
         Features: 0xfc 0xfe 0x0b 0x00 0x08 0x08 0x00 0x00
                 <hold mode> <sniff mode> <RSSI> <channel quality> <SCO
link>
                 <HV2 packets> <HV3 packets> <u-law log> <A-law log> <CVSD>
                 <paging scheme> <transparent SCO> <AFH cap. slave>
                 <AFH cap. master>

 > aplay -B 1000000 -D plughw:Headset /usr/share/sounds/login.wav
Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/login.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little
Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

Thanks a lot,
Ray