Gutsy upgrade nightmare

Art Edwards edwardsa at icantbelieveimdoingthis.com
Tue Nov 6 07:46:54 UTC 2007

texlive-lang-french will now neither install nor de-install (using
apt-get, dpkg, dselect). In fact, the only way I made progress was to
"hold" that package in dselect.

emacs dies during install. I'm now working on my Feisty desktop where
everything still works. When I get the display working on the laptop, I
will attach the lines from installation.

It appears that Ubuntu has made Xgl default, all in the name of eye-candy?