openoffice 2.3 crashes with emerald?? (previously, Re: openoffice hangs on start up)

Soo-Hyun Choi s.choi at hackers.org.uk
Mon Nov 5 14:46:38 UTC 2007

Okay, today, I have a strong feeling that OpenOffice 2.3 on Ubuntu
7.10crashes with Emerald theme manager. To be more precise, OpenOffice
Presentation will hang on its start-up procedure - I can only see the
openoffice splash screen image, but cannot see OO wizard or anything like
that. But, OpenOffice Writer and Spreadsheet works fine.

Is there anyone who has same experience with me on this?
(And, hopefully, anyone who can give an advice to resolve this?)

Thanks,
Soo-Hyun