eraser pointer ceased functioning

Christian Csar cacsar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 04:17:52 UTC 2007

I installed 7.10 on a dell D830 2 days ago, and it has mostly gone well
except for some issues with sound.
Up until a few hours ago the eraser like pointer in the middle of the
keyboard had been working fine as had the touchpad.
However, the pointer thing(what are they actually called) has now ceased
to work as have the mouse buttons that go with it.
The only real change I can recall between remembering that it worked and
it not working is that I switched to ALSA 1.0.15rc1 from 1.0.15 final
because I had started getting an issue with the volume continuously
increasing (and the wiki for the D830 said this worked), it is possible
that it is a hardware problem, attached is my xorg.conf file.
Let me know if more detail would be helpful.
Christian