OnStream causes Failure to boot Ubuntu 7.10

Jim Dever jdever at triad.rr.com
Sat Nov 3 01:58:24 UTC 2007

Last time I tried to use Ubuntu it worked fine on my machine (a 7 year
old Dell).  I think it was version 6.x?  I tried to boot with the 7.10
and I'm greeted with this:

(initramfs) [ 295.654611] ata2.01: revalidation failed (errno=-22)

I have a feeling that it's because I have an old Onstream DI-30 tape
drive on the second ata port as OnStream support was removed from one of
the later kernel updates.  Is there anyway to get around this?  I don't
really care if the device doesn't work under Linux but I would like to
get it up and running.

---
Thanks,
Jim