is the 64bit version of gutsy stable?

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:48:43 UTC 2007

I have been using the 64-bit version for about the last month, and so
far it seems to be even more stable than the 32-bit version. It runs
much faster and seems to manage memory much more efficiently, meaning
that it uses much less swap space than the 32-bit version. Note that the
32 and 64-bit versions were both still in a state of flux when I
switched, so my observations may be purely coincidental. However I will
say that I was quite pleasantly surprised to find that the 64-bit Gutsy
gives me all the functionality of the 32-bit Gutsy but with much better
performance overall.

Live long and prosper,
Lorenzo