SLOW boot and LONG wait when logging out to switch users.

damian misc at daminator.com
Thu Nov 1 14:18:53 UTC 2007

I have 2 ubuntu machines. One of them is taking a long long time to get
from the gui screen starting up (cream background and spinning cursor)
and the login screen coming up. This used to take about a second, but is
not a couple of minutes.

Is there any way to look behind the gui to see what's taking so long?

Both machines have this same problem when logging out to switch users.
The background goes blank and the spinning cursor comes up, then it
seems to take forever before anyone can log in again.

Any ideas or advice?

Both machines have had MythBuntu added to them if that points to
anything. I don't see why it should, but trying to figure this out.

Thanks
Damian