Integrated media management / streaming solution

IsomerX isomerx at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 14:16:26 UTC 2007

All;

I was wondering if anyone was using, or aware of, an OS integrated
media management / streaming suite.  At the moment I'm only interested
in audio, though video in the future wouldn't be bad.

Desired traits:
Secure web interface, including ripping of CDs from remote system
(Java applet or similar)
Per user playlists
Simultaneous unique streams (each user can listen to a different song)
The ability to scan and 'import' and existing collection which poorly organized

Lower priority traits:
On the fly reencoding for lower bandwidth

I'm looking for something for personal use, but I also want something
I can connect to over the internet, so it needs to be secure.

Anyone have any thoughts?

IsomerX