Homa 7.04.1 - Ubuntu AddOn CD

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Wed May 30 10:20:12 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, Mehdi Hassanpour <mehdi.public at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/05/07, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:
> > Does it do so destruction-free? Will it break the next distribution
> > upgrade? Please don't create another Automatix situation, I am tired of
> > warning users and explaining risks to them.
>
> Mario,
>
> Homa has packages from Ubuntu's official repositories and some like (wine,
> opera) from 3rd party but the projects official repositories! No
> configuration scripts and installation from tarballs or sources and so on to
> reduce future risks.

You didn't answer the question.  That's great that you use official
repositories.  But does it do things like automatix does, where, for
example, all packages are installed via "sudo apt-get --assume-yes
[package names]" blindly ignoring anything you may already have
installed amongst other shortcomings.

--
Andy Harrison