Feisty dialup connection problems

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Mon May 28 14:36:43 UTC 2007

Hi all,
many thanks to everyone,
I hooked on another keyboard, completely removed all trace of thunderbird,
re-installed it and set it up. Final step "Do you want to download mail
now"  Yes.
Mail came in no problems. Typed out mail to this list with possible
problem solved.
Asks me for password, cannot connect to smpt server. Won't connect to
pop server now either.
Same as previous. Am dragging phone line from one machine to another
:-)  Have 2 modems, so
thats not too bad.

I checked /etc/ppp/options,  auth commented out, already set to noauth.
Will do a complete re-install tomorrow with new keyboard. What I have
seen of Feisty looks very nice.
Worth the effort.

Again many thanks,
Take Care