Debian menu 9was: Re: Application menu info needed...??? )

Larry Shields larry at isp.com
Fri May 25 11:33:24 UTC 2007

Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2007 18:50:03 -0500
> Larry Shields <larry at isp.com> wrote:
>

>> Now I need to find out how to get it to show up in version 7.04...
>>

> Try running
>
> update-menus
>
> See "man update-menus"  - I think you might need "sudo update-menus" on
> Ubuntu.
>
> Maybe that will populate the menu for you ( although I just installed
> menu-xdg here on 7.04 and the entries showed up on login )
>
> Peter

Good morning Peter,

Well I tried your suggestion, and it didn't work right off hand, but a
few minutes later I looked at the applications menu and the 'Debian
menu' was listed with all of the apps showing...

So update-menus was it...Great!

Thanks for taking the time to bring that to my attention...

Larry