Dial-up Sharing

debiani386 debiani386 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 22:38:52 UTC 2007

Brandon Blackwell wrote:
> Does anybody know if its possible to have one computer to connect to
> dial up and then have this computer connected to a switch that shares
> the internet access with all the computers attached to the switch? And
> if you know would you tell how or give me a good link to check out
> because I can't seem to find anything good or that explains what I'm
> wanting to do exactly.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Brandon
>
> Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new
> Car Finder tool.
> http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48518/*http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/;_ylc=X3oDMTE3NWsyMDd2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDY2FyLWZpbmRlcg--
> hot CTA = Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool

i know how to setup internet connection sharing on a WINDOWS computer
(just enable internet connection sharing and choose the internet
modem..works over ethernet and wireless though), but i dont know how to
do it on an ubuntu computer. It should work though on a router or switch
(my router connects straight to the internet)

Ive had a lot of problems with the internet connection sharing (thanks
microsoft) and alot of businesses up here chose proxies.

--cj