managing processes via temporal ssh account

Phil Bieber philbieber at gmail.com
Thu May 24 11:51:49 UTC 2007

On 5/24/07, Wolfgang <wollez at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wan't to start one programme via a ssh shell. But when I close the
> process stops to run as well. Is there a way to start programms remotely
> (via ssh) and access them again on the next day from a new login?
>
> I hope the problem description is getting clear.
>
> Thanks
> Wolfgang

Hi!
Just for clarification:
You want to start a program via SSH. Then logout and come back the
next day via SSH and you want to be able to manipulate it?
Like starting VI, logout, login, still in VI?

I *think* that is not quite as easy as it sounds. You don't login into
the same shell, but rather start up a new shell...
I'll leave this for the pros, though I'd be interested, too, if this
is possible..

Cheers
Philipp Bieber
--