problem with vmware

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Thu May 24 01:23:29 UTC 2007

I get those messages all the time.  Doesn't cause a problem.

I've seen the problem with no disk found installing virtual machines for
some guest operations system.  When you create a virtual disk for the VM
you have a choice of what kind of disk controller you want.  Choose a different
one.  Don't take the default.

On 5/23/07, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed the vmware server from the commercial repositories.
>
> It seems to work OK but if I try to install XP the install says it
> cant find a hard disk to install onto.
>
> If I try running vmware from a terminal I get:-
>
> /usr/lib/vmware-server/bin/vmware:
> /usr/lib/vmware-server/lib/libpng12.so.0/libpng12.so.0: no version
> information available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Ben
> --
> Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK
> If you have a problem emailing me use
> http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
> (email address this email is sent from may be defunct)

Drew Einhorn