unhappy upgrade

norman norman at littletank.org
Mon May 21 08:55:45 UTC 2007

 < lots of snip >

> Norman,
> perhaps you can provide more information as to what exactly went wrong,
> and how you went about fixing it. Ubuntu's development and growth is
> driven by a helpful community of people working out problems and
> explaining to others how they were fixed. Perhaps if you gave some
> feedback as to how you fixed your problems, the Ubuntu community can put
> these fixes in place for future releases.

Pan was dealt with by following some instructions already published.
However,to recap, the new Pan is removed using synaptic and the old
version of Pan installed. This recovers all the missing files etc. The
printer situation is recovered by amending an entry in cups, again the
detail of which was published some time ago when the problem occurred.
(This is not the first time it has happened on upgrading).

There is no point in raising a bug regarding the scanner this has been
done many times over and, as I wrote, I believe was known before 7.04
was released.

I do understand what you mean about feedback and helping the community,
I have been doing it with Ubuntu since September 2004.

Norman

Norman