Found a bug while writing CDs?
Michael S. Peek
peek at tiem.utk.edu
Thu May 10 14:23:15 UTC 2007
John Moniz wrote:
> It appears that the 'eject' is not unmounting first. Did you try
> unmounting, then ejecting?
Nope, that's not it.
I've just discovered something else.
1) I burn an image to a CD-RW. The disk is ejected when finished.
2) I re-insert CD-RW into drive, wait for it to mount. I check that
it's mounted w/ mount command.
4) Right-click on icon, select "Eject". Watch via mount command as the
media is unmounted and then ejected.
5) Re-insert CD-RW again, wait for it to show on the desktop.
6) Click on "Make Another Copy". Select "Erase". Disk burns, ejects
7) Remove CD-RW, place a blank CD-R into the drive. Wait for the icon
to appear on the desktop.
8) Using mount, I verify that the system does /not/ think that the disk
8) Select "Make Another Copy".
The disk is ejected and I get "Preparing to Write CD" followed by the
popup "Error writing to disk".
Anyone know of anything else I can try?
More information about the ubuntu-users