Samba - Network Path not found

Michael Satterwhite michael at weblore.com
Thu May 10 14:19:17 UTC 2007

One of my partitions (FAT32) is defined in my samba configuration as being
shared as remwindows. Specific definition as follows:

	[remwindows]
	case sensitive = no
	msdfs proxy = no
	read only = no
	comment = Remote Windows Directory
	path = /windows

When I try to map the network drive in Windows, I can browse to the
directory - so it is definitely visible on the network. When I try to finish
the map, though, I get the error message:

	The network path \\Photon\remwindows could not be found.

I've checked permissions, and the partition is defined as univerally
read-write.

What am I missing? All help appreciated.
---Michael