encryption

Henk Postma henkpm at gmail.com
Tue May 8 02:58:06 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, John Richard Moser <nigelenki at comcast.net> wrote:
> This makes me wonder what problem you're trying to solve.  As long as
> your PC is on, the encryption is useless...

Here's one scenario. Your hard drive crashes and stops responding. You
can't erase the disk anymore, so what do you do with the drive
containing (presumably) sensitive data? You get it replaced, send it
to the original manufacturer. I would feel more safe knowing that next
to the drive being unresponsive, the data would not be recoverable as
well.

-- Henk Postma

--
http://www.csun.edu/~hpostma/