Dell Optiplex 320 Ubuntu instalation problems

Lungten Wangchuk joycoz at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:57:44 UTC 2007

Hi folks,
I have a Dell Optiplex 320 with Pentium D processor, 512 MB DDR2 RAM, 160 GB
SATA Hard Drive.
I've been trying to install Ubuntu 6.10 and 6.04 LTS. I tried x86 and AMD64
versions. None of then worked. With x86 it seems to have resource allocation
problem. Dies with a one line error after the menu screen. It says something
like: PCI: Could not allocate resource for device xxxx:xx:.......

With AMD64, it tries to load the drivers but dies 'Trying to load the root
file system'.

So, i don't know what to do. Can somebody help me out?

Thanks