SpamAssassin under Feisty

Scott Lockwood scott at guppylog.com
Thu Mar 29 17:39:34 UTC 2007

While reading the other thread about SA, I noticed that I was no longer
using it after my upgrade. So, I reinstalled it, and all the associated
packages, set enabled= to 1 in /etc/default/spamassassin, and upon
starting, or restarting /etc/init.d/spamassassin I now get:

scott at scott-640m:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/spamassassin restart
Restarting SpamAssassin Mail Filter Daemon: [7845] error: no connection
to syslog available
[7845] error:  - /dev/log is not a socket
at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Logger/Syslog.pm line 80
spamd.

Shouldn't it set that up if needed, or is that something I need to do
manually? If so, how - I've never done that before.