[Feisty] acpi=force

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Wed Mar 28 00:19:57 UTC 2007

I'm running Feisty on some very old hardware (300MHZ) and in order to
get the computer to shut down properly on it's own without my manual
intervention I include acpi=force in the grub menu.

The problem that I am having is that with all of the daily changes in
Feisty, grub keeps getting rewritten/updated and the acpi=force command
gets deleted each time. I have even tried placing before the automagic
kernals list & that hasn't worked. Is there an easier way that I can
enable this command outside of grub so that it sticks?