Fix for broken "Safely Remove" for usb sticks etc. in KDE

Rich Lott rl5 at shinyblue.net
Wed Mar 28 00:01:19 UTC 2007

The safely remove thing in KDE is broken, you choose Safely Remove, and the
icon disappears and you think it's safe to remove, but it might not be.

Here's my fix http://shinyblue.net/safelyRemove/
until KDE get around to sorting it (which may be KDE4.0!)

It's a replacement that slots right in to the service menus, provides a GUI to
calling sync, then eject.

I'm not officially recommending it, i.e. don't blame me if you lose all your
data, but it works for me and it's based on all the advice I could find out
there.

hope this is a useful contribution.

Rich.