Network Manager Patch

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Mar 23 20:38:36 UTC 2007

Patton Echols wrote:
>>> I stopped at this point.  I really don't want to render NM useless.  Any
>>> thoughts?
>>>
>> Just generating the package won't change your NM install.  You would
>> have to install it first.
>>

> Right, but I thought I should not generate the package either to avoid
> messing it up.  I suppose that worst case I could scrap the directory
> and start over.

Right, or perhaps just delete the .deb.

>>   Matthew had suggested I'd find that the madwifi patch was
>>
>>> already in place when I downloaded the source.  i didn't find it where
>>> it should have been.
>>>
>> Did you find the debian/patches directory?
>>

> Yes, here is the output of ls -al
>
> [snip]
>
> No obvious madwifi patch.

Right.  What release of Ubuntu are you using?  It's possible the patch
is already applied, or the code has changed so much it's unusable.

> No, I suppose not.  any ideas about where I should go from here?

I'm sorry.  I don't really know.  You might consider checking
launchpad.net , and filing/commenting on a bug.

Matt Flaschen