Beta release

Thomas Meire blackskad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 23:47:27 UTC 2007

On 3/21/07, Jim Smith <jim at oz.net> wrote:

> So now that feisty is a beta release, do we upgrade normally or do we do
> a dist-upgrade?

As Vincent said, the beta-release isn't released yet, due to kernel bugs.
Chances are that you will e affected by this bugs too, so it's most likely
better to wait!

If you really want to update to feisty, use "gksudo update-manager -d" which
will inform you of a new (developer-)release. But be aware of the fact that
stuff CAN break again anytime if you update to feisty before the final
release (as Vincent said earlier).

Right now, "update-manager --dist-upgrade" doesn't work for feisty (and -c
doesn't show a new release either, as the beta is no final stable release),
it would just try to update you to 6.10 (edgy).