Wow! The Daily LiveCD snapshot is looking great!

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 18:37:49 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have been testing yesterday's 7.04 LiveCD snapshot today.  It is
really working well.  I am happy to see that NetworkManager is
working, and all the applications seem to be fairly snappy, even
running off of the CD (granted, I have 1GB of RAM, which helps).  The
only troubles I ran into were with Compiz.  I enabled the desktop
effects and found windows sometime would not let me select them with
the mouse.  Also, the default compiz settings are lousy, imho.  There
is too much wobbly stuff, and the desktop cube doesn't work (at least,
I can't figure out how to actually rotate the cube).

       Miles