network-manager crashing

Benjamin E. Zeller zeller at ibh-wor.de
Sun Mar 18 09:53:56 UTC 2007

On Saturday 17 March 2007 20:57, Jeffrey F. Bloss wrote:
> Benjamin E. Zeller wrote:
> > On Saturday 17 March 2007 11:26, Benjamin E. Zeller wrote:
> > > Hi List,
> > >
> > > from then to now, NM doesn't work anymore.
> > >
> > > I recognized it after a reboot, when the icon wasn' t there anymore.
> > > Starting it manually, gives the following output:
> >
> > Additional I should have said: I am on Edgy. I was using
> > network-manager cvs .deb but problem also occurs with shipped version
> > of network-manager...
> >
> > What may be my problem?
>
> Almost certainly some bug in CVS, and/or a broken dependency caused by a
> more current version requiring and replacing something that installing
> the shipped version won't "fix".
>
> You said you were using "cvs .deb"? CVS should be nothing but source
> code. No .deb packages or anything, and you should expect little
> "problems" like this from time to time. ;)

Well, I checked out via SVN and built .deb via checkinstall

> Where and how exactly are you getting your various versions, and what
> method(s) exactly are you using to install, uninstall, up/down-grade??
> You may need to 'make uninstall' the latest CVS, and compile and install
> a stable version manually rather than trying to overwrite a compiled
> CVS version with a stable .deb.

see above.
I checked out SVN from 1st of Feb today, as the actual version complained
about some libs, built it again an NM seems to work again.
But it doesn't show up available wireless networks, gotta investigate in this
manner.

> Also, there's a NM mailing list that might be able to provide a better
> answer...

Regards,

Benni

--