network-manager crashing

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Mar 17 19:57:07 UTC 2007

Benjamin E. Zeller wrote:

> On Saturday 17 March 2007 11:26, Benjamin E. Zeller wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > from then to now, NM doesn't work anymore.
> >
> > I recognized it after a reboot, when the icon wasn' t there anymore.
> > Starting it manually, gives the following output:
> >

> Additional I should have said: I am on Edgy. I was using
> network-manager cvs .deb but problem also occurs with shipped version
> of network-manager...
>
> What may be my problem?

Almost certainly some bug in CVS, and/or a broken dependency caused by a
more current version requiring and replacing something that installing
the shipped version won't "fix".

You said you were using "cvs .deb"? CVS should be nothing but source
code. No .deb packages or anything, and you should expect little
"problems" like this from time to time. ;)

Where and how exactly are you getting your various versions, and what
method(s) exactly are you using to install, uninstall, up/down-grade??
You may need to 'make uninstall' the latest CVS, and compile and install
a stable version manually rather than trying to overwrite a compiled
CVS version with a stable .deb.

Also, there's a NM mailing list that might be able to provide a better
answer...