Nvu web page editor

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 16 03:34:04 UTC 2007

Chanchao wrote:

> Is there a reason why Nvu is not in the repositories?

It's in Universe up through Edgy, but apparently not Feisty.

> Are there equivalent (or better) alternatives?

Nvu has been "superseded" by Kompozer, which doesn't seem to be in any
Ubuntu repository. It's released under the Netscape Public License so
that may be a factor. The nice thing about Nvu/Kompozer though, is that
like most Mozilla-based "chrome" applications you can unpack and run it
from anywhere. No need for any official installation. Firefox and
Thunderbird are the same I believe.

Anyway, Kompozer's binary tarball can be downloaded from...

http://kompozer.net/

I'm honestly not sure if you need to have Mozilla installed or not. I
seem to recall not, but.... ;)

--
     _?_      Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    (o o)         Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.