Go vote for Ubuntu at the REAL Dell site

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Thu Mar 15 18:49:50 UTC 2007

On 03/15/2007 10:51 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I won't take this thread too far off topic. Gnome is very limited in
> it's customizability. That's not my opinion alone: Torvalds sems to
> agree with me. Maybe his patches wil make gnome better, but in the
> meantime I'll stick with KDE.
>
> Dotan Cohen

Speaking of OT... have an old pc at my mother-in-laws house that was
running Win2kP; the thing took 15 minutes to boot up. Loaded Ubuntu on
it & told them that it was the new 'improved' Windows Vista OS. They all
ooh & awed, saw that it booted in about 1 minute, worked like a champ. I
let them run it for about a week before I told them that it was Ubuntu
Dapper Linux.  Now I'm in the process of Ununtu'ing 4 of my in-laws
older PCs :-)