no usb

Rutger van Haasteren rvhaasteren at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 19:40:51 UTC 2007

Then try what I did, because it is not that hard. If lsusb doesn't return
any devices, it is bound to be kernel-related somehow...  For me Dapper also
worked, but for Edgy I had to compile a new kernel before I had working USB
devices.

Howtoforge has some tutorials to build your own kernel:

http://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_ubuntu
http://www.howtoforge.com/roll_a_kernel_debian_ubuntu_way

I used the upper link to do mine (and a 2.6.28 vanilla kernel). I didn't do
any patches whatsoever. Hope this helps. If it does, you should file a
proper bug report. I couldn't finish mine because my computer died and I
don't have the problem anymore with the new one...   Cheers,

Cheers,

Rutger