no usb

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 14 17:21:17 UTC 2007

Rutger van Haasteren wrote:
> I had this same problem on a computer with Edgy. To solve it I had to
> compile a custom kernel.
>
> Nobody appeared to have the same problem, so it's probably due to your
> hardware. What's your mainboard? I had a MSI RS480-IL....
>
> Cheers,

I am not sure what the mainboard is. Though it is home to a 1GHz AMD
Duron. It used to be my 'special' custom built PC, but had since been
relegated to file-server, I don't even remember what else it's got
inside. I'll have a look though.

Seems strange that Dapper desktop worked no probs. X-less installs of
Edgy and Feisty can't find the USB.

Fedora Core 6 with all the desktop environment also couldn't see the USB.

This is only annoying because I have a USB printer that I want to attach
  and have the computer act as a file server.

Thanks for the reply
Gabe