In place upgrade Dapper=>Edgy=>Feisty

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Wed Mar 14 04:32:27 UTC 2007

On 03/13/2007 09:23 PM, Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:55:26 -0700
> Jim Smith <jim at oz.net> wrote:
>
>> What is the preferred method to accomplish a system upgrade? Should
>> Synaptic be used? I've not yet figured out how to make it look at the
>> next distribution.
>> Looks like dumb question but I've never upgraded a system in-situ.
>
> Going from Dapper --> Edgy --> Feisty would involve two complete
> dist-upgrades ( you can't really go direct from Dapper --> Feisty )
>
> Have a look at
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Upgrade

For https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Upgrade I get:

<quote>
This page does not exist yet. You can create a new empty page, or use
one of the page templates. Before creating the page, please check if a
similar page already exists.
</quote>

I actually plan to try an upgrade from Dapper to Feisty later this week
(I already have Feisty running as a new install), so if the OP is
willing to wait for a few days I'll be happy to post my success/failure
in doing so then.