DST changes lost with every boot/resume in feisty

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Mon Mar 12 21:54:50 UTC 2007

On 03/12/2007 04:54 AM, Matt Price wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm running feisty with my locale set to america/toronto, and we
> switched to daylight savings time on saturday along with the us.  I
> adjusted my clock by running sudo ntpdate ntp.ubuntu.com (using the gui
> manual sync feature ing gnome's time-admin did NOT work, however), and
> htat worked great, but now every time i suspend or reboot my computer
> the daylight savings time setting is lost and my computer clock is off
> by an hour.  do i need to do something to my locales?  thanks,
>
> matt

Use pool.ntp.org:

For Feisty:

 - Right click on the dates time icon on the Gome task bar
 - Select Adjust Date & Time
 - Select Servers

In the clock server settings just add one of the following:

   0.ca.pool.ntp.org
   1.ca.pool.ntp.org
   2.ca.pool.ntp.org
   3.ca.pool.ntp.org

Ref:
http://www.ntp.org/
 http://www.pool.ntp.org/
  http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/north-america
   http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/ca

and tick only one of the servers for update (i.e., uncheck all other ntp
servers listed). Click OK.

That should do the trick. If you still have problems:

Configuration: Manual
  Synchronize now
    Configuration: Keep syncronized with Internet servers
     Close

That should keep your system sync'ed with the ca.pool.ntp.org server,
even on reboot.

For Dapper/Edgy:

 - Right click on the dates time icon on the Gome task bar
 - Select Adjust Date & Time
 - Periodically syn... Select Servers

In the clock server settings just add one of the following:

   0.ca.pool.ntp.org
   1.ca.pool.ntp.org
   2.ca.pool.ntp.org
   3.ca.pool.ntp.org

and tick only one of the servers for update (i.e., uncheck all other ntp
servers listed).

Unclick Periodically syn... Select Servers & then click Sychronize Now.
That should get you the correct time. Now go back & recheck Periodically
syn... Select Servers and click OK. That should keep your system sync'ed
with the ca.pool.ntp.org server, even on reboot.