questions on dual monitors

Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Mon Mar 12 15:36:54 UTC 2007

Hi,

If anyone has a moment to help me out here, I'll appreciate it.

I'm trying to get at least a external monitor "clone" set up to work. My
system nominally is: dell d820, nvidia quadro nvs 120m, ubuntu 6.10 (both
gnome & kde installed).

I have read the "dual monitor"/"second monitor" threads from last year and
applied that info to my xorg.conf as noted below to no avail. The Xorg display
server throws a fatal error at startup (I included the complete log file in my
orig post here: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2007-March/1089
29.html> )

does anyone have any ideas about what might be going on, and perhaps
suggestions on how to proceed?

thanks,

=JeffH