Ubuntu i386 - stumped

Phil Pinkerton pcpinkerton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:57:52 UTC 2007

looks like you need to run fdisk and make your  / partition bootable.

I think it is the "a" option

something like sudo fdisk /dev/hdb1  type m return gives the list of
commands, type a and select partition 4, then type p to see the
partition list there should be a * next to the hdb4 partition if it
looks ok then type w to write the partition.  NOTE this is not for the
light hearted and you will re-write that partition.  so be aware if you
decide you do not want to commit then type q instead of w.