More on torrent clients ( was Re: Here is Herd5 )

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Sun Mar 4 12:45:30 UTC 2007

On su, 2007-03-04 at 16:15 +1100, Peter Garrett wrote:

> There is a new python/gtk2 app which is available in Debian unstable, but
> not yet in Ubuntu ( although if you run Feisty, I believe it is now in the
> universe repo )
>
> - it is " deluge-torrent"
>
> http://deluge-torrent.org/
>
> I've had a short look at it and it seems promising, although so far I have
> not worked out how to tweak its settings adequately. It uses libtorrent.

I've been using Deluge for a few weeks now and I'm satisfied. I always
had some problems with other clients. Azureus slowed down my relatively
fast system and gave errors, Bittornado opens a new window for every
download, Freeloader had some bugs in user interface and GNOME
Bittorrent is too simple even for my modest needs.

I was getting desperate in my search for a nice client. Some how I
managed to miss Deluge - perhaps it's so new. It's not as tweakable as
Azureus, but at least so far it fills my needs well.

Regards,

Ari Torhamo