google desktop out for linux?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 30 23:50:28 UTC 2007

On 06/29/2007 06:56 AM, Rick wrote:
> On Friday 29 June 2007 4:23:58 am Sven Richter wrote:
>> Thats right, and thats why i dont use this "feature".
>> As i dont use things like google desktop or google mail.
>>

>> Greetings
>> Sven Richter
>
> For myself, I couldn't use, my ISP mail server, for mail,
> they only give 10MB of space.... please
> since gmail is 2GB and better, I can rest on the fact, when I get
> back from my trip, my mail is there, and not being bounce by Road Runner.
>
> now, keeping that in mine, if there another (better) solution, for third party
> email servers, please post.
>
> Cheer's
> Richard

I'm not advocating one or the other (I don't/won't use gmail), but you
can get a free Yahoo email account with *unlimited* storage (well I
suppose in the same sense that you used to get 'unlimited' dialup hours
on some ISP's):

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

Comparison from a google perspective:
<http://www.googletutor.com/2007/05/28/gmail-vs-yahoo-mail-a-quick-comparison/>
[again, don't know which is better - I use pop3/smtp for all of my email
via my ISP's and only use a web interface when necessary].