about anti-spam for enterprise

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Tue Jun 26 13:27:09 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Thanks everybody for replies.
> Actually I've got about 100 users and a flow of about 2500 e-mails per day.
> I think that one (or two) combined servers can do the work quite well, but
> just to get some more opinions, what is the precision of a software like
> spamassins?
> Because if the software can be very precise it can worth learning it for
> sure!

You might also want to take a look at Dspam.

I used to run SpamAssassin and spent a LOT of time playing with whitelists and
blacklists as well as going through the rejects in order to add to those
lists.

Dspam does it all on its own, once it trains itself and there are no lists.  I
find it's accuracy to be about 97% once it gets rolling.

Perhaps SpamAssassin is better at learning than it used to be.