samsung ml-2510 driver issues; clean install

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 22:05:42 UTC 2007

I'm interested in ubuntu primarily because my samsung ml-2510 printer and
fedora 6 aren't cooperating, and, while googling on this I came across
some posts on the ubuntu forum, <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?
t=341621>, documenting getting the printer working with ubuntu.

I'm doing a whole clean install of a dual boot anyhow, so...

my current setup:

[[thufir at localhost ~]$
[thufir at localhost ~]$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora Core release 6 (Zod)
[thufir at localhost ~]$
[thufir at localhost ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.13GHz
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 2138.405
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
constant_tsc up pni monitor ds_cpl cid xtpr
bogomips        : 4278.28
clflush size    : 64

[thufir at localhost ~]$
[thufir at localhost ~]$ date