NDISWRAPPER problem

jerry jerryturba at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 24 08:04:47 UTC 2007

CJ wrote:
>  >hi all
>  >
>  >im trying to setup my wireless card via ndiswrapper front-end gui. I
>  >got the proper drivers loaded, and i went as far as to checking dmesg
>  >to see if everything was ok. everything is ok. Now, in the gui
>  >ndiswrapper, when i try to click the configure network button, it
> tells >me:
>  >
>  >sh: network-admin: command not found
>  >
>  >this is as far in to the setup process as it would let me get. i
> looked at >iwconfig and its not seeing my wireless.
>  >
>  >what do i do?
>  >--cj
>
> ok i finially got teh network-admin working, but its not seeing my
> wireless device
>
> what do i do? im so tired of my wireless not working that im about to go
> back to windows because it worked perfectly on windows
> --cj

Since no one has tried to help with your problem let me try to get
things rolling. I  don't think this problem is big enough to send you
back to windows.

First a disclaimer: I am not an expert on linux or wireless. I am simple
talking from what I have done on my system and I have found to work for
me YMMV.

Could you run the following commands and report any errors or complaints
that come up?

ndiswrapper -l

sudo modprobe ndiswrapper

sudo /etc/init.d/networking/ restart

iwconfig

If all those commands don't give any errors and you still cannot connect
to the net  please run:
 lspci
How does it identify your network controller?

Which version of ubuntu is installed? 7.04?

Hope this gets your wireless working.

Jerry