Ubuntu on Thinkpad

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Sat Jun 23 16:41:55 UTC 2007

Hello,

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 02:46:35PM +0700, Zaki Akhmad wrote:
> I am using Ubuntu on my IBM Thinkpad, R51e. I am having difficulty on
> switching display to infocus to do a presentation. Is it anybody here,
> have the same problem I face, and know the answer?

Not quite.  I've a Thinkpad T42, and I've figured the presentation thing
out.  Your Thinkpad has a different graphics adapter (ATI Mobility
Radeon Xpress 200M, while mine is an older Mobility Radeon 7500), so
things may be somewhat different for you.

First of all, what kind of problem do you have?  Does the projector stay
blank when you connect it?  Do you get picture that's all wobbly and
wavy?

I've found that I have to reboot the laptop with the external
monitor/projector plugged in if I want to get a clear picture.  When I
do that, I don't have to do anything else -- I get the picture on both
the internal LCD and the external monitor/projector automatically.

Also, do you use the open-source 'radeon' driver, or ATI's proprietary
fglrx?

> I'll be glad to hear any responses.

Marius Gedminas
--