Opera Browser not Friendly To Old EYes

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 00:07:22 UTC 2007

On 23/06/07, Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Just had to download, try out Opera Browser. Very
> small menu print just kills my 70 yr. old eyes.  I
> couldn't read it with a magnifing glass it's so small.
>  Therefore setting it up is impossible for me.  I can
> adjust the uri print size easily enough to read it but
> not the drop down menus.  Is it possible to adjust the
> drop down menu print size and how do you do it?  These
> old eyes thank you for any help.

Change to a lower screen resolution. Then all text will appear bigger.

Personally, if you have the desk space, I advise multiple screens. 17"
CRT monitors are being given away free now as everyone wants to
upgrade to flat panels. Two CRTs makes for a lovely big workspace, and
unlike TFTs, CRTs can display lower resolutions without going all
fuzzy.

My desktop is 2304x864 on 2 old 17" CRTs. Acres of desktop and it
didn't cost me a penny.

With 2 or 3 big CRTs all running at the same fairly low resolution,
such as 1024x786, you'll have both big onscreen fonts *and* loads of
screen area to play with.

--
Liam Proven • Blog, homepage &c: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com