how to move email to new system

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Sun Jun 17 18:47:22 UTC 2007

Default User said the following on 06/17/2007 02:12 PM:
> Hello!
>
> I am doing a new install of Ubuntu 7.04.  I would like to transfer the
> email from Evolution on a Debian system, to the Ubuntu system.  What is
> the best way to do that?
>
> Extra credit question: why do email programs not store email messages as
> normal text files?  Or would that be too simple, be too easy to
> maintain, and make too much sense?
>
> Thanks for any input.

Probably the easiest thing to do would be restore your ~/.evolution
directory from backup after you finish installing 7.04.  Do this before
starting evolution for the first time.  It should come up just like it
used to on the old system.

Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
 The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half by our children - Clarence Darrow (297)