SUCCESS!!!! eGroupware with Dovecot

Jan Sneep jan at azureservices.ca
Fri Jun 15 12:09:09 UTC 2007

Liked it SO much had to have TWO!
  -----Original Message-----
  From: User Iam [mailto:vramnum10 at gmail.com]
  Sent: June 14, 2007 6:38 PM
  To: jan at azureservices.ca; Ubuntu user technical support, not for general
discussions
  Subject: Re: SUCCESS!!!! eGroupware with Dovecot

  On 6/14/07, Jan Sneep <jan at azureservices.ca> wrote:
    I can't believe it ... I just can't believe it ... I have been trying to
find a way to share contacts between my wife and I since January .... first
I tried OpenGroupware ... they said they had great Debian support so I
installed Debian and tried for months to get it installed without any luck
at all ... then someone suggested OpenLDAP, if all I wanted to do was share
contact info ... so I tried that for weeks ... nadda ... then heard about
OpenExchange and Ubuntu and though OK lets give that a try ... well after
downloading the .jar files and getting the main program and the gui compiled
and yet couldn't get the database to install, no matter how much I played
with Cyrus and Postfix ... so then while looking in Synaptic this morning to
see if I could find something to help with LDAP I spotted eGroupware ... and
YESSSSSS it installed and YESSSS I was able to import my contacts from
Outlook with just a few simple clicks ... No Dovecot isn't working properly,
as far as I can tell, but now my wife is off my case about having to come
down to my computer to look up info on our clients ... so email sharing will
come with time and playing around (I'm sure I will have more questions for
the list) ... but for now I wanted to 1) say thanks again to all those who
have offered suggestions and advice to my past queries and 2) that I going
out to the patio with a beer to celebrate !!!!!

    Jan

    Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

  The Patio likes BEER!!!!!

  Some Patio..  <smile>