Simple programming language anyone?

bob davis bob at bobsbits.net
Thu Jun 14 00:45:30 UTC 2007

How about html and javascript(ecma)
It has everything the other languages have.
And it gives that wonderful web feel. :-)

For real programming I recommend C++ and stl and wxwidgets for the gui.

For scripting languages with gui's
I have programmed in:
wxPython
perl/tk

But for little graphical apps that run anywhere I like the javascript in
browser approach. Also with some backend stuff maybe in perl or such you
can do db and other heavy stuff.

On the other hand I have be doing perl for so long that it seems very
natural. Every time I have a problem or want to learn a new interface I
use perl. The wealth of modules makes learning so easy.