kmail and keyboard too slow - kubuntu 7.04

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Sun Jun 10 10:43:14 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 Luca Ferrari's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> I've had a look at top and vmstat outputs when this strange slow keyboard
> behaviour happened, and the only thing I noticed was that the CPU was
> unloaded and the idle cicle was around the 96% of the cpu time. I've tried
> to kill the processes listed on top of top's output (e.g., skype) but
> nothing changed and the mail composer still had this strange behaviour.
> Any idea?

I've excluded skype thus I can say it is not its fault. When I get this slowly
behaviour top says that the main process is xorg (I guess it's right) and the
processor and the ram are still unused. I've tried to launch a 3d screensaver
and it works fine in the meantine, thus I guess it's a problem of the kmail
editor itself. The mouse and the window/desktop switching works fine, could
it be a problem of the keyboard itself? How can I test the keyboard?

Thanks,
Luca